Ecotourism and Conservation Volunteer Overseas in Southeast Asia
Volunteer in Thailand, Laos and Nepal. Save nature, and support local people and their communities
Conservation and ecotourism volunteers are welcome to Thailand, Laos and Nepal
Wildlife is endangered and the environment exploited. Tour operators bring tourists to attractive places but keep most of the income and leave pocket money to the locals. As a volunteer, you will help local people gain more from community based ecotourism and wildlife protection.
Why volunteer with Openmind Projects
Our projects are community based. They have asked for our help so you can support conservation and ecotourism that benefits these local people!
In 2013, Openmind Projects won the Ecotourism and Volunteer Campaign, the Little Big Project.
WhereRead about some you may go to
Depending on skills, volunteers may:
- Teach English to villagers and national park staff
- Create ecotourism information in English
- Help save coral reefs and marine life.
- Help develop local handicraft and village products for tourists
- Build trails
- Help improve local services such as accommodation, transport, trekking and guide and host family services
- Raise local awareness about wildlife benefits
- Work with elephants and their mahouts
- Participate in wildlife surveys
Do also find out about
Why volunteer with Openmind Projects. An NGO, not a for profit volunteer business
Your Free Training Week
Your Volunteer Costs and What You Get
Our Special Training Center and Trainees
Openmind Projects Foundation
Apply and we'll be happy to discuss projects with you
Community Development Project in Chitwan
NepalFantastic opportunity to help develop ecotourism in a spectacular setting!
HORIZON INTERNATIONAL SOLUTIONS SITE, Yale Univeristy
"OpenmindProjects of Southeast Asia: 'Learning for Life, Nature and Future'"